Exploring senses and mark making to music

By Georgia - March 21, 2018

 with the brief 'interaction' I also wanted to explore our senses and things interact every day or in things that we don't think are working together but they are
I started by creating a mind map of the 5 senses and what they might do or mean;
 I decided that I wanted to explore the interaction of sound so I did some mark making to different music that I played and I knew that from this I wanted to develop it into something 3-D or something that could be layered together to produce something bigger or textured.
 I went on to cut the drawn designs made previously out of tracing paper and layering them on top of different fabric samples to create an interesting surface texture to touch (now including sound, touch and sight senses). It was interesting to see how the colours interacted underneath once more and more tracing paper was layered. 
 To develop this idea further, I would like to try at layering these designs onto the previous shoot pictures or try to shoot through them by placing them in front of the camera lens and see what effect that could make. 
 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments