Paint sample edits and Contextualisation

By Georgia - March 21, 2018

 developing the samples further through editing and then contextualising the designs made onto clothing 

Here, I took some of the paint designs that I made before and enlarged them in Photoshop to edit them further. I really liked the effect produced when inverting the colours of the design, so I did this a few times to see how it would look with different colours such as red, yellow, blue, green, pink etc.
Black poster paint on card worked really well to create a marble-like effect, so this could be contextualised into a lot of different products; home ware, clothing, phone cases, stationary etc. Below are some of the designs contextualised into clothing items such as leggings, tops.
I felt that the designs came across as very futuristic and space-age like, reminding me of designs in Barbarella and the work of Pierre Cardin.
To develop this further, I would like to try and print of the designs onto fabric and create the items that I have contextualised it onto and do a photo shoot like that advertising the work in the 1960s. I could even try to shoot with my film camera and buy some black and white film and develop the selections at college or scan the negatives in and edit in Photoshop.
 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments