Light play and Natalie Shoot

By Georgia - March 21, 2018

 beginning to start exploring my ideas and the use of light to cast coloured shadows and how this could be manipulated in portrait photography 
Using my phone, a white background and some colourful filters over one small lamp, I was able to create some interesting effects and shadows casted across the face and upper body. The way that the light split into different colours was interesting and something that I'd like to explore further on a larger scale or in a studio environment.
After choosing my selections, I went on to import them into Lightroom to perform any basic editing that needed doing such as brightness/contrast, colour correction and noise reduction etc. Then, I went on to import these into Photoshop where I could really play around with what the photos could look like and do.
 I wanted to see if I could create prism-like effects with these photos in post processing by cutting, cropping and pasting layers and changing the opacity for them to appear soft and repetitive. 
To improve further, I would like to try and create a shoot using the prisms and see what effects they make out in natural lighting and in front of the camera lens. Here's a small video that I created where you can see in the video the light changing and moving;
 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments