Juxtaposition

By Georgia - March 18, 2018

looking into the title 'juxtaposition' and gathering ideas and research into what i'd like to achieve in this project 

I've collected a range of images and fabrics/materials that I feel relate to the title of juxtaposition and of what I believe juxtaposition to be. My idea of juxtaposition was to explore contrast, in colour, pattern, texture etc. I researched a lot into fashion in the 1960s and 1970s, during the 60s, there was a lot of exploration of colour, especially pale, pastel tones and use of block colouring and uniform shapes. Whereas, in the 70s, this changed when society became more accepting and people began to rebel, they would still wear contrasting colours but there would be a lot more patterns included and the pastel tones would now be more vivid and bold. I wanted to explore these elements in my own artwork and photography. 
I also wanted to look into contrast in simple things such as black and white and contrast in tones of the same colour family; reds, browns, oranges and yellows etc. I'd like to try and do some black and white photography and look at adding contrasting colours on top of the pictures or add collaged elements using fabrics etc.
 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments