Photograms

By Georgia - January 30, 2018


progressing how the maquettes could be used by creating photograms with them in the dark room

Taking my maquettes made in the previous project, I took them into the dark room along with photo paper and carefully laid out the objects and experimented with the timer to see how long I could expose the objects to create different levels of contrast and brightness.

 I loved how things such as the plasterers' mesh tape worked with the exposed photo paper and how some areas were lighter than others. If I were to do this again, I would like to make more maquettes out of different materials like the mesh tape and possibly cut out tracing paper.


On this page, I took some of my photograms that I produced in the dark room and photocopied them, manipulating them further through weaving and folding. This gave an interesting way of making a 3-D design into a 2-D one, then bringing it back to its original form.

I also devloped these photograms further through layering in photoshop, allowing the designs to overlap and create new objects in the process.
- G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments