Combining Person and Place

By Georgia - February 15, 2018



using Photoshop to explore layering of maps, newspapers and places to explore combining place with person
Using similar double exposure editing techniques, I combined maps, locations and newspapers together with the pictures from the fabric shoot previously to combine place + person. Much like linking the subject to their crime or scandal in the press. (Transparency in the media)
I love how they turned out, I feel that layering was a good method to use as it took the focus away from the appearance of the subject and rather showed the silhouetted, giving equal focus to the person and the place on the map/facts on the article.
For this next part, I used my own text projection pictures and newspaper to project the fabric photography on top of. I feel they came out very effectively and due to using the projector, it gave a unique blurred effect..could link to the idea of blurred lines/boundaries? Not knowing when to stop/when things are inappropriate?




 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments