Transparency Materials + Exploring Text and Projections

By Georgia - February 06, 2018

gathering ideas for potential working materials and exploring use of text and projections
I began to look into different materials that could be transparent or translucent and started manipulating them by pleating/folding/cutting/scrunching etc, this enabling me to see how they work with the light and what textures I could create. Whilst keeping in mind how I could use these in my ideas.
At the beginning of this project, I started by exploring some literal approaches; such as the word itself and things/materials/objects/subjects being physically transparent or translucent. I also played around a lot with the word itself in the sense of seeing it as a word, so decided to use it in cutouts and projections and also layered it in Adobe Photoshop. 

I worked a lot with perspex too, shining projections on it and seeing how things would appear on a transparent surface and by altering the work digitally and projecting it onto the perspex, I could create lots of ideas easily and explore the concept to its full potential.
I took these ideas further and edited them in Photoshop and other mobile editing apps to increase the contrast between the letters and the backgrounds and also I increased the saturation of the red perspex. I loved the effect this produced and it would be interesting to see what kind of effect I could then create by projecting the edits back onto a transparent surface. 
 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments