Fabric Shoot, Picture Edits and Experimentation

By Georgia - February 07, 2018

 silhouette shoot using sheer fabrics and natural lighting in an outdoor setting 
Inspired by some of my original ideas and the photographer Benjamin Askinas, I went out to an open field in Cambridge, taking some sheer fabrics with me and conducted this silhouette photo shoot.
I took with me some large sheer blue material and worked with a friend to get her to model in certain positions/poses and photographed her from different angles that I had planned out. I found the most effective lighting for this shoot was that where the sun/daylight was mainly behind her, this gave the body a detailed silhouette and the opportunity for the light to really shine through the fabric, producing lots of shadows and texture as a result.
From my selections of the contact sheets below, I began editing them in Photoshop and Lightroom. I was intrigued to see how the pictures would look if I increased the contrast, exposure and saturation of the pictures, as well as duplicating and overlaying copies of the image and changing the opacity for the picture to have sheer elements to it.
I love the movement that I was able to capture with a slower shutter sped and the whole blue monochrome look seemed to be really effective and something I'd like to try again in the future. I tried to shoot from lower angles, to capture the majority of the figure and to make the movements of the subject come across as powerful. I feel this was successful and to improve in the future, I would like to try this angle technique again and also try with a different lens and lower angles.




 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments