Portraiture Exploration

By Georgia - February 15, 2018

 exploring the title through use of portraiture photography, making use of lighting, composition, object placement and incorporating transparent objects 
(below are some of my pictures displayed on my portraiture website: https://georgiafreeman.wixsite.com/portfolio/portraiture , where I'm able to display the full size images)
I started looking into transparency in identity, so in the pictures of my friend with the glasses on, I applied the question: what could be seen through glasses? The glasses act as a metaphor to our sight and what we actually see or choose to see in some cases.
I also explored how I could use objects to shoot through and manipulate the composition with. Using transparent/translucent objects such prisms, glass, plastic, windows, doors, I was able to choose where I wanted lighting to cast onto the subject and also created great shapes in the foreground that worked well in framing the model.
Above, I looked at exploring text again, this time on top of the photographs or surrounding the images. This could lead onto a link with people in the media/newspapers and how much of what they tell us is true, and how transparent are they actually being with the public?
Some of my favourite shoot images were the ones shot through windows, where the reflections of surrounding lighting would bounce around in the composition in different areas, allowing me to pick where I wanted the out of focus lighting 'bokeh' to be.
 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments