Building Photography and Exploration

By Georgia - February 15, 2018

 going along with the 'media' concept, I began to explore locations that may be prominent in the news and capture some general buildings 
I took the images into Photoshop to edit them to be more effective, by increasing the contrast and decreasing the saturation, it allowed the structure of the building to be the focus, rather than the colours.
Below were some more photographs that I liked from the ones I took that day in London. I love the reflections of the building on the opposite mirrored buildings.
I would like to explore layering these building pictures together with portraits, or pictures from the previous shoot to create double exposure effects. To develop further, I would also like to do some drawings/paintings using the silhouettes of the buildings.

For this idea, I wanted to sketch the buildings in a way that it would be minimal/simplistic but you could still recognise what landmark it was, so I went with a continuous line drawing method.
To improve on this, I would try to laser cut this design onto wood or maybe emboss it into a material. I would like to try layering it onto text too and newspaper print. Also, I would like to try creating a pattern out of the design and use that to cut out of things such as perpex, newspaper etc.
 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments