Wearable Sculpture Magazine Mock Up Design

By Georgia - January 30, 2018

contextualising my wearable designs into a magazine mock up

Working in Photoshop, I imported my pictures from the previous contact sheet of the wearable maquettes and used my Wacom Bamboo Tablet to outline the model and cutout the sculpture into a new layer. Making sure to leave this the main part of the design, I deleted the rest and continued to fill in the background and stuck to a continuous line drawing for the human form and blacked out the face to add more emphasis on what the subject is wearing.
Furthermore, I went on to repeat the design with different block colour designs and text in in different levels of opacity in the background. 
To improve this further, I would like to experiment with printing the design onto acetate and seeing how that will come out and also, where the garment shows, I could cut slits into the paper and pull through parts of fabric or woven wool that could be encorporated into the design.
- G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments