Maquette Contextualisation - Wearable Sculptures

By Georgia - January 30, 2018


working with the maquettes, I explored contextualising them into wearable pieces 

Now that I had some methods to use, I went on to producing a wearable sculpture, building a structure that would be gravity defying and also self supporting, so the person wearing it wouldn't have to hold it together for it work. I enjoyed working on a larger scale and facing the challenge of working with such a fragile material, at risk of easily tearing when manipulated around the human form. 
To improve this further, I intend on contextualising this design onto an illustrative magazine mock up that showcases the design and puts all focus on the textures that have been created. 
Furthermore, I would like to try this again but maybe build on more elements, like things that could hang off the hands, ears, on top of the head and maybe make the sculpture a lot higher too.
- G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments