Collections - artist research

By Georgia - January 31, 2018


gaining further knowledge and inspiration of collections through the ideas of other artists

DAVID HOCKNEY
Hockney is well known for his unique work and his vibrant choice of colours. In my research in my sketchbook I explored his work and how he laid out the designs and the chosen backgrounds for each portrait. I'd like to try something similar to this with my own photography and could even try to make vivid backgrounds with printing or in photoshop.















DAMIEN HIRST
Damien Hurst was another artist that stood out to me in their collections work. He collects a lot of different medicine boxed and bottles and medicinal equipment and lays them out into neat rows and columns. Creating interesting layouts and organising the bottles in a very interesting way.
I'd like to try some similar photography like this myself but with food ingredients or components of objects broken down or taken apart.
- G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments