Coffee Cup Designing

By Georgia - January 31, 2018


looking at something ordinary that we use daily and making it our own, utilising paper and texture 
For this brief, we had the opportunity to design and make our own coffee cups. It could be made out of any material we liked and have any concepts included that we felt like. I wanted to try and design a coffee cup that was both practical and aesthetically pleasing. I began the process through mind mapping any ideas or words that popped into my head. Some main ideas that stood out to me optimised the hidden storage in the bottom of the cup by including train time tables or a pocket for a train ticket.

I began the experimental process through the making of templates that could wrap round the exterior of the cup, making sure to think about the usefulness of each design and what could be eco-friendly. I utilised a lot of coffee in my design to fit with the theme of a coffee cup and make stamped designs to look like the coffee rings left under a coffee cup, taking this further I took them into photoshop and manipulated the designs that way.
My final outcomes included some train ticket designs to appeal to the travelling/commuting target audience. Among with a pocket on the side of the cup for a train ticket/bus ticket and a folded napkin in case of spillage or dripping found in the base of the cup.
- G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments