Preventing An Egg From Cracking

By Georgia - September 22, 2017

using paper to create forms that would transport an egg from a to b without cracking
we were given the task to create a form/structure that could hold an egg and be dropped from point a to b without it cracking.
I wanted to keep the design simple and effective, so I made a small box, then filled with lots of zig-zag folded strips of paper that would almost act a barrier between the egg and the floor, so that when it is dropped, the 'padding' of these corrugated strip take most of the pressure from the fall. I also included a roof to make sure that when it is dropped it doesn't fall out and break that way.
 my outcome;

Although my design was unsuccessful and my egg cracked, I enjoyed the challenge of having only paper to make this. If I were to improve this further, I would've liked to have more time to create more 'corrugated' padding all around the exterior of the egg and maybe even try and form a cylindrical design instead of a box.
- G -

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments