Oraya Outdoor Shoot Edits

By Georgia - April 13, 2018

 development of selections from previous shoot in Lightroom/Photoshop 
Playing around with settings and levels/hues in Lightroom and Photoshop I edited the pictures to create a series of photos of which I was happy with and could potentially develop even further through mixed media collaging/drawing/painting/editing. 
A main technique that I continued to use was changing the hue of the blues in the photographs to make them more appealing to the aesthetic I was trying to achieve. I would make them more green and bump up the whiteness/brightness of the lighting. I also increased the general brightness of the highlights in the photo to make the subject stand out more. Also, this helped to brighten the glow of the lights on the clothing/coat, therefore increasing the focus on the detail of the model and outfit. 
One tool that I enjoyed using this day for these shoots was my rectangular prism. I have gained a lot of inspiration online for cheap ways to improve/change/add more creative elements to the composition of photographs. I've used a prism in my photography for a while now and really love the effect it makes and how it can draw the surroundings from behind the camera back into the layout/cropping frame.
Increasing the brightness of the lighting in these photographs really helped to highlight my idea for this shoot, which is presenting how the lighting/surroundings/environment interacts with the subject and how the subject interacts back with this. Little details in these photos helped to complete what I was looking for, such as reflections in her glasses bringing what she can see back into the picture and using the prism to achieve this too. I love the vivid colours in this shoot and using Lightroom helped me to increase the saturation of these.
To improve further, I would like to try and think more about the outfits the model is wearing and also accessories and experiment with props that the model could be holding to have the subject interact with the environment more...for the carnival it could be things such as toys, lights, sweets, candy floss etc. If I was to try a similar shoot in natural daylight outside, I could try and shoot with surrounding flowers and have the model how the flowers, look at them, smell them etc...all things we'd naturally do in that situation but not necessarily think of it as an 'interaction' or not think to record/document it. 
 - G 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments