5 Word Cocktail

By Georgia - September 22, 2017



For this challenge, we got given 5 different words that we had to define and then further develop this by collecting images, movements and objects that could represent 



Xanthic = yellowish
Above, I walked around the college grounds photographing things that were yellow. I took a piece of perspex and coloured this yellow with pen and held in front of my phone camera to give it that 'yellowish' tint that I was looking for. I love the subtle hint of colour it added and would like to use this in future projects and explore the idea of sensitivity of colour further.

Expergefaction =waking up, from a latin word  'make awake'

For this idea, we wanted to capture someone going through the process of 'waking' in the morning and getting ready. We did this through a series of photographs that would show a tie being done up gradually.
Blive = quickly



Here, I wanted to record the motion of someone moving, so took pictures of Oraya running and thought I'd explore the idea of slow shutter speed and having motion blur across the pictures. I added this motion blur through post-production editing in Photoshop, so to improve this in the future I'll make the shutter speed longer on my camera whilst taking the photos and see what effects can be produced that way.
Leggiadrous = graceful + elegant



One of the things that I saw which was graceful and elegant especially in the way it moved was the trees in the small woodland area. The sound was soft and quiet and the leaves were flowing very elegantly. And the leaves looked almost as if they were dancing gracefully.
Terpsichorean = relating to dancing/dancer
For this one, I got all the members of the group to walk across and do some dance moves. The more exaggerated the better. Then I edited the video to make it shorter, which as a result made it more interesting as it would entice the audience and give them a quick look at the idea but not a whole video about it. I also added the music over the top to make it upbeat and to portray a happy dance mood which I wanted to portray through the use of quick, energetic dance moves too. If I were to improve on this further I would like to explore the use of video in more depth and the types of moods you can trigger with the types of sounds/songs being played and how this might effect the look or colour scheme of a project.
- G -

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments