Life Drawing - Chicken Sketches

By Georgia - August 14, 2017

live models; chickens
 I used biro to produce continuous line drawings, making sure to place close attention to the subject I was drawing and seeing whether my proportions were right or not. Then I went over through the design adding washes of watercolour, introducing a hint of a colour scheme into the double spread-this being selected from the chickens them self. I also went through the design with some diluted ink, acting as a wash to add depth and shadows where required.
I feel the ink washes really helped to highlight the subjects. One of the hardest challenges in this task was drawing something that moved so often and so quickly, this pushed me to work quicker and with more gestural marks.
 - G 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments