Train Ticket Development

By Georgia - November 30, 2017


using one of my most collected items as a base for my research and design development

colour palette to work with;
Above is a small colour scheme, taking advantage of my camera I added the image into photoshop and selected the colours digitally for a change. 

development in different methods and types of media
As mentioned in the previous post 'Collections', I wanted to explore what I could do with train tickets and how I could develop them into producing outcomes in all different types of media and using different methods. I found it interesting that by just seeing the colour scheme, you can recognise it and automatically know that its associated with trains. So I decided to keep the colour scheme the same as the original tickets. I would like to improve my work and knowledge further by exploring this idea of colour schemes and subconsciously associating the colours with brands and objects etc.
outcome in illustrator and photoshop

Above, I used Adobe Illustrator to explore how I could create train tickets digitally and make them into a piece of art or into a pattern. I feel it was successful because it looked liked the original subject I was trying to transcript. To improve on this further, I would like to try this printed on a bigger scale and also do some more documentation from the journeys that I go on.  
- G

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments